Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's All In The Name...

With lots of experience under my belt, I have made my way "up the ranks" Starting with Cook, Lead, Pastry Cook 1, Pastry Cook 2, Pastry Cook 3, Pastry Chef, and now Executive Pastry Chef. There are even sub-titles that I have carried through out my career, Burger Flipper, Salad Maker, Bun Toaster, Prep, Fry 1, Broil 1, Saute 1, Expo, Kitchen Manager,...and probably a few more.
I also span a long line of nicknames. And these I will elaborate on: The very first nickname was Daddy's Little Helper(cute & no biggie), Bakery Girl(blah), Then came Cake Lady(hmmm...a little better maybe, or not?) Pastry Chic(I still like the sound of that one), back to Bakery Girlz(but now not Girl but Girlz) Bakery Bitches (yeah, I really like this one!) Pastry Bitches (movin on up) Cupcake Queen (cute) Cake Lady (again!) Pastry Queen/Pastry Queens (a little more respect now) And...
Now we have reached a higher level of NickNamedom! The next one given to us by our goodfellow Chef friend, Poney-Tail L. was Pastry Heroes! Oh how we love this one. Much more creative. I can not help but imagine us running around urgently with pastry bags full of icing in our chocolate stained hands. Our Apron strings flying behind us like we are burnin' rubber in our hot pink patent Dansko's!!! BUT- We have now climed yet one more rung to that Big Cupcake in the Sky.
One of our Great customers sent us a thank you letter telling us how wonderfully delish our cake was and thanking us for "making her party." The letter was addressed to None Other Than THE........DELECTABLE DIVAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Nuff said! I think we will be satisfied with this one for awhile.....

No comments: