Monday, December 6, 2010

Pachorkowsky-style holiday Filling.

My daddy used to prepare us filling every year for the holidays. I got sick of it when I was a child cuz it felt like we ate filling all the time but now that daddy has passed my family depends on me to prepare it at EVERY holiday.
He started by making a big pot of real mashed potatoes. Then sauté tons and tons of celery and onions in a digustingly large amount of butter. Add bread pieces ( I have changed the recipe from Sunbeam bread to foccaccia because I prefer the saltiness and texture of foccaccia) (I also added fresh dill and Italian parsley) Mix in a dozen eggs or so and bake in oven until crusty on top! Make 1 extra full pan to satisfy leftovers and doggie bags. Hands down- the leftovers are the best part of any holiday. Proceed to drown in gravy. Devour!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: